RSS

Am I worthy enough?

I have been a part of Sankalp for more than two years now. I see my thoughts coming into action here. I see the youth of my motherland constantly working for the cause of 100% voluntary blood donation- the blood revolution. 30 odd people, who have given their blood, sweat, tears and lives to serve for the cause- their nation. People who are highly inspired by the great men and women who sacrificed their lives for "freedom", for "revolution". The future of India rests with the youth. They are the salt of the earth. WE are the salt of the earth. These 30 volunteers- their promptness to suffer, their daring courage & their radiant yet silent sacrifice make me believe that with patience, everything can be achieved. The volunteers once not allowed inside blood banks have today expanded to the whole of Karnataka, with about 50 blood banks walking with us for the blood revolution.

My friend asked me lately, "If you had to live the life of one man for a day, what would it be?" My answer to it was- "The life of Shaheed Bhagat Singh, on 23rd March, 1931- the day of his martyrdom." He smiled and answered- "I expected that answer". That night I cried.

Since then I've been wondering, what it would be, to actually be alive during the times of Shaheed Bhagat Singh. It’s one thing to watch the movies describing him, his ideas what he did, how it all happened, but to be actually there is different. I sometimes think if I was at that age, am I cut up for such sacrifices, would I be able to do what the heroes at that time did. Would I have had the courage to defy the exploitations at that time? Or would I be a coward running scared? or worst be an obedient citizen going about my daily chores of life without batting a eyelid, cause that’s what most were doing otherwise how could a handful of british rule so many.

The last few words spoken by him "Dil se niklegi, na mar kar bhi, watan ki ulfat, meri mitti se bhi khushboo-e-watan aayegi" (Even after my death my love for my motherland will not diminish from my heart. Even my ashes will smell of my motherland’s greatness and love). AM I LIKE THAT?

Not many these days think the way a 23 year old thought at that time, I know situations were different but there is one thing common, India. our country it is still under oppression, still under rule the only difference is colour of skin, it was White then now its Brown. Mentality is still same- "Loot the country, fill in own coffers". The wondering that could I do what they did, because if my answer is YES and if hundreds, thousands others said it was YES, then we should not be where we are in the current ERA. I just wish to God (well.. if he exists) that when I die, I die a good death a bit worthwhile, or give me strength that I am able to do something, anything worthwhile for the country where I was born where my forefathers lived. I am not sure if I could say what Bhagat Singh wrote "I have been arrested while waging a war. For me there can be no gallows. Put me into the mouth of a cannon and blow me off." These heroes had conquered the fear of death and all I can do is shed a few tears watching ajay devgan or Manoj kumar sing their way to the podium to be hanged with a smile and shouting INQUILAB ZINABAD. On that one thought, I see my roots shaking. The day I can belive even a quarter of  what THEY did, I'll find myself worthy to be called a Sankalp Volunteer, a revolutionary, a true Indian.

My life still remains a question to me, and so does my endurance & my extent of sacrifice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment